Get off the beaten path and get some mud on those tires! All you offroaders know exactly what we’re talking about! The terrains and scenery in Choctaw Country are like no other, but one of the most important rules when on an ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) is following safety guidelines.
Go wild on your ATV but first, read a few safety measures and make sure you’re protected:
- Always wear a helmet, googles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads unless necessary and done safely and permitted by law. ATVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never carry a passenger on a single ride ATV and no more than one passenger on an ATV designed for two people.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Bumps and mud are fun, but when you hit something unexpectedly you can get bounced right off your ride. Be mindful of your riding path and other vehicles.
- Don’t ride beyond your abilities. Showing off and performing stunts and tricks you’re not trained to do is dangerous. Stick to simply riding the trails.
- Pre-riding inspection. Check your tires and controls, make sure all connections and cables are intact and inspect the chain for worn links and proper lubrication before every ride.
Whether you’re getting the quad ready for the weekend or just tagging along for a ride, keep in mind that riding an ATV, while exciting, can also be dangerous. Be safe, have fun and check out our top spots for off-roading here. Hurry up, slow down and experience the beauty southeastern Oklahoma has to offer from an ATV!
Things to Do
- Wild Boar Ridge Hunting Ranch
- Vojai’s Winery
- Beavers Bend Brewery
- Fish Tales Winery & Bistro
- Hochatown Outfitters
- Jake’s Brickhouse Grill
- Rock Bottom Boyz BBQ
- Roma’s Italian Restaurant
- Adam & Eve’s
- Best Family Fun & Pizzeria